Survey Reveals Facts About Botox, Wrinkle Filler PatientsPosted on June 1, 2009 | by Boston Plastic Surgery
While a full summary of the results can be accessed (via MS Word document) here; some of the noteworthy findings are as follows:
– Most respondents described themselves as healthy individuals. 95 percent said they incorporated exercise into their lives, and 78 percent cited healthy eating habits.
– Nearly 70 percent of the respondents who had been treated with Botox also opted for dermal filler treatment.
– Within the respondents, the most common patients were married, working mothers between the ages 41-55 with a household income of under $100,000.
– 66 percent of the respondents said they received Botox treatment 2-3 times per year.
– 72 percent of the respondents chose Botox to treat glabellar lines – the vertical lines that appear between your eyebrows.
– 63 percent of the respondents chose dermal fillers to treat facial wrinkles and folds, mostly the nasolabial folds or ‘smile lines’ that travel from the nose to each side of the mouth.
– 87 percent reported that they discussed their treatments with others, and 70 percent said they received support from the people they told.