Hair Loss Solutions in Boston
While hair transplantation can be an excellent solution for men and women experiencing unwanted hair loss, you don’t have to wait until you need surgery to do something about your thinning hair. At Boston Plastic Surgery, we offer several options to treat hair loss at its earlier stages, which don’t require surgery or downtime.
In fact, beginning an at-home or in-office hair restoration program now could help you postpone the need for hair transplant surgery for many years.
Which hair loss treatment do I need?
Choosing the right hair loss treatment will ensure you see the results you expect and that your investment is money well spent. Beginning treatment early can help slow the hair loss process as well as improve hair texture and quality. However, once hair loss has progressed, it can be difficult to restore fuller, thicker hair without surgical hair transplants. It’s a good idea to take action early.
We offer hair loss treatment to help patients at multiple stages of hair loss:
- I’m just beginning to notice thinning hair, but have no distinct bald spots yet
- I have bald spots, a receding hairline or areas with very sparse hair
Early Stage Treatments: Slow or Prevent Hair Loss & Improve Hair Quality
Topical treatments and supplements are excellent for men and women in the earlier stages of hair loss who wish to restore hair quality, or as a preventative solution for those who are genetically predisposed to hair loss. We can recommend a personalized combination of at-home hair growth products to help you slow hair loss and restore a fuller, more youthful head of hair, including:
- Viviscal Vitamin Supplement to nourish hair and promote follicle growth
- HairMedica topical hair loss products that stimulate dormant hair follicle growth, revitalize dry or brittle hair, and enhance circulation using growth factors, proteins, and antioxidants
- Nutrafol Hair Growth Supplements target the root causes of hair thinning with a holistic and personalized regimen based on your specific needs. Each formula contains natural, yet powerful ingredients to restore hair and scalp health, reduce shedding, and increase hair density.
This safe, convenient protocol takes only minutes to use and can be easily worked into your daily routine. we will recommend the right products and dosage for you at your consultation.
Advantages of non-surgical hair restoration include:
- 100% non-invasive treatment
- Convenient, at-home solution
- Fewer office visits
- Helps prevent future hair loss
- Noticeable results within 1 to 2 weeks
What results can I expect after using hair loss products?
After weeks of consistent use, you should experience a noticeable improvement in the fullness, texture, and appearance of your hair. If you are using products primarily to prevent hair loss, you will notice your hair looks thicker, stronger, and healthier. To maintain the effects, you will need to continue to use the supplements and topical treatments regularly.
Correct baldness & restore a fuller, natural looking head of hair
If you have more progressive hair loss, treatment should focus on repopulating thinning areas and ensuring your hair stays healthy and strong. Men experiencing distinct pattern baldness, as well women with noticeable areas of thinning hair, will usually achieve the most satisfying results with hair transplants in addition to an at-home hair loss treatment regimen.
We use NeoGraft hair transplantation, which relocates individual hair follicles from the back of the head, where healthy hair typically grows throughout life, to the areas where hair loss occurs. This procedure achieves remarkably natural results with a far less invasive procedure compared to older hair transplant methods, without any linear scarring.