How to Keep Your Skin Healthy This WinterPosted on January 5, 2010 | by Boston Plastic Surgery
Winter in Massachusetts can be harsh and this year is definitely no exception. These conditions – low temps, dry air, and sun exposure – can be hazardous for your skin health.
Modify your skin care routine and you can maintain that healthy complexion through the winter.
Use an antioxidant moisturizer with these water-binding, anti-inflammatory ingredients:
- amino acids
- fatty acids
- sodium PCA
Keep those lips from cracking! Use high quality lip balm with hemp oil, shea butter, vitamin e, beeswax and SPF 15 to keep your lips smooth and soft.
Winter Skin Care Tips
- Stay hydrated
- Remember your sun protection, even in the winter.
- When your skin is tight, reapply moisturizer.
- To allow better penetration of moisturizer, exfoliate problem areas with glycolic or salicylic acid.
- Get a humidifier in your house or apartment.
- Visit our skin & wellness center for professional advice and treatment.